Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Outdoor Wednesday in the Boonies

My youngest sister moved to a country town in southern Michigan several years ago. The place she lives is much like the village we grew up in; however, the village we grew up in has gotten much more suburban since those days. Her town still rotates around the high school football team, farming, and raising children. It can sometimes be a little close minded, but I wouldn't mind living there none-the-less. Here's a couple photos of the lovely view she can see from her home after a storm.


Quite a lot of green, wouldn't you say? Also, in addition to the "meadow" across the street from her home, there is a marshy area behind it. That leads to quite a few visitors including sandhill cranes, blue herons, and tons of red-winged blackbirds, among others. The same day as the post-storm photos above were taken, I caught this guy trying to cross the street to return to the marsh.




This post was inspired by A Southern Daydreamer's Outdoor Wednesday theme. Visit her page to see other inspiring outdoor photos.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lovely comment regarding my flower stall pictures. I think your sister has an amazing view and you took wonderful pictures of it and I hope the little guy was able to get across to the marsh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely view your sister enjoys! I have perused several of your posts and had a great time seeing each one and the many beautiful mosaics you have created. Sweet blog you have here!

    Kindly, ldh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not heard anyone use the word "bonnies" in years. We said it a lot in my lifetime, as that was the way we lived. Your sister's bonnie is a very pretty.

    ReplyDelete