Monday, September 20, 2010

Estate Finds and Roiling-boiling Clouds

Yesterday, I stopped by an estate sale in my neighborhood. I had seen signs for a "sale" but was unaware that it wasn't just a simple yard sale. By the time I arrived there was not much left, but I did find a few items for purchase. I spent $28 dollars as follows:  $0.50 on some gingham fabric that will be made into cafe curtains in my kitchen; $1.00 on an oval enamelware basin with red trim; $1.50 on a vintage wool cardigan; and, $25 on a hutch for my dining room. I had been looking for something for the dining room for some time and finally decided that I was going to build a built-in to fit the space. I still hope to do that as the hutch is not my style; however, it adds storage space in the meantime. Here are the goods:


Please excuse my dust vac peaking out from around the base of the hutch (the plug is back there). I think $28 was a great price. I don't know why, but my favorite is unexpected - I just love that enamelware basin. I guess it reminds my of my grandmother's house. This mosaic of my finds was put together to join in the Mosaic Monday event held over at the Little Red House blog. I hadn't joined in for several months, so pulled together some photos to make a mosaic. These photos are to show my finds rather than to impress with their artistry. However, there are some amazingly wonderful mosaics over there - I'd suggest you pop over for a browse.

On Saturday, there was the most amazing cloud formation in the sky at around 8am. I just had to memorialize it in a photo:


Doesn't it just look like the sky is boiling?

2 comments:

  1. Your pictures are beautiful. I love the one of the sky. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find! I have an enamelware bowl but I didn't pay $1 for it. You got an awesome deal! Good luck with all your house renovations and have a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete